Mary Beth Rodriguez
11906 Quail Creek Dr., Houston, TX 77070
Summary Passionate communications professional with 15+ years experience. Skilled in
developing and producing relevant and engaging content across all media
platforms. Organized, friendly, and works well with others.
Experience Director of Communications
Lakewood United Methodist Church, Houston, TX
06/2019 – Present
03/2015 – 06/2019 served as Lakewood UMC’s Assistant Director of
• Create and implement a strategic, multi-faceted communications
program designed to build and strengthen the ministries and people of
Lakewood UMC in their faith.
• Develop, update and maintain the church’s website content and
weekly email newsletter correspondence.
• Manage social media planning that allows the church and community
to grow outside the church walls.
• Utilize social media analytics tools and google analytics to track
engagement and draw conclusions about viewers/church members.
• Create audio/visual slides, sermon series art, brochures, flyers,
postcards, and other materials pertinent to the ministries of the church.
Sleep Solutions/LA Sleep Diagnostics, Lafayette, LA
10/2007 – 11/2012
• Create and manage all multimedia, marketing and print design
including promotional and advertising products such as corporate
logos, business cards, banners, flyers/newsletters, promotional products
and any other printed materials.
• Set-up and manage educational seminars and participate in health-
fairs for doctors, medical staff and interested patients.
• Liaise with healthcare professionals, hospitals, clinic in order to receive
referrals of patients.
Touche’ Printing, Lafayette, LA
05/2006 – 10/2007
• Printing and promotional product marketing and sales.
• Collaborated with creative team to design and produce computer
generated artwork for marketing and promotional materials.
• Trained all employees on promotional product sales.
Prestige Promotional Products, Lafayette, LA
10/2000 – 05/2006
• Promotional and specialty item sales.
• Negotiated pricing and managed production of client materials
through 3rd party suppliers (design, print, mail, trade show booths,
promo products and apparel).
• Tripled customer base list over a 5-year period.
Education B.A. in Liberal Arts, Mass Communication with a Concentration in Advertising
University of Louisiana at Lafayette, Lafayette, LA
Associate Degree in Paralegal Studies
Louisiana State University Eunice, Eunice, LA
Skills & Experience
Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Pages and Publisher
Adobe Creative Suite, Pages, Publisher, Experienced in social media platforms
such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Hootsuite, Cloversites,
FellowshipOne, Subsplash, CMS