OR – AT LEAST ONE of the search terms is present, broadens your search. The more terms combined with OR, the more results will appear.
• sales OR manager (1.1 million results)
• sales OR manager OR technology (1.4 million results)
AND – BOTH of the search terms are present, narrows down your search. The more terms combined with AND, the fewer results will appear.
• sales AND manager (290,000 results)
• sales AND manager AND insurance (44,000 results)
NOT (-) – EXCLUDES results from search results. Use with caution you can easily exclude relevant results by overusing this operator.
• analyst –developer
• sales -manager
Parentheses () – Parentheses forces the order of processing. Terms within parentheses will be used as a unit.
• (accounting OR accountant) AND public
o The search will first look at “(accounting or accountant)” and then apply “AND public” to those results.
Quotation Marks “” – enclose an exact phrase or wording and search results will contain that exact phrase.
• sales manager – will bring results that have “sales” or “manager”
• “sales manager” – will bring results that have the exact wording “sales manager”
Wildcard * – Expands the search to include all forms of the preceding root word.
• Account* – will bring results that share the root word “Account”. Ex) Accountant, Accounting, Accounts
• Tech* – will bring results that share the root word “Tech”. Ex) Technical, Technology, Technologist, Technician
ADDITONAL INDEED RESUME SEARCH OPERATORS
• You can add any Boolean operators (all of the above)
• company: – current employer
• anycompany: – any employer
• title: – current job title
• anytitle: – any job title
• school: – education
• fieldofstudy: – major
Examples on Indeed Blog Post – http://blog.indeed.com/2012/08/14/advanced-indeed-resume-search-tips/