HPS Candidate Search Tools
HPS recruiters use several tools to search for qualified candidates. The key to success is to use all the tools available to you. The goal is to fill every recruiting assignment you are given.
If you follow the recruiting process, and use all the tools available you will see success, and get close to your goals.
• www.Indeed.com – we use Indeed to post ads, conduct candidates searches and save searches. Indeed is different from other data bases. There is no contact information on the resumes in the db. You will need to contact /email the candidate through Indeed.
Each recruiter is given a certain amount of views, or credits each month. You are able to earn more views, or credits. If the candidate responds to your email with the contact information –you will receive 2 credits, if the candidate answers but is not interested, you receive 1 credit, and if the candidate does not respond –you lose a credit –Your email should be composed to at least get a response. There will be a note in green if the candidate has been already contacted by another recruiter. You can save your searches on Indeed and have new resumes emailed to you daily – You do not have to begin a new search. We were posting ads for no cost on Indeed – They now are charging “per click”
Royl and I posted some test ads with miserable responses -We need to discuss this product and decide if it is worth the cost
• www.ZipRecruiter.com – We use Zip Recruiter the same as Indeed –To conduct candidate searches, and post jobs – When you conduct a search on Zip you will be able to see the candidate’s contact information. You can also forward the resumes to your self -or to another recruiter. You can also save searches on Zip. The Job posting on Zip –uses “slots” The posts never expire –You will be given a certain number of ads –they will be yours to use –you can, and should change your ads as frequently as possible –or when you have enough resume flow to be able to submit 3 candidates. –
These databases have all sorts of bells and buzzers to assist with applicant tracking. I personally use them to get resumes. I email them to myself, and use them from my email in box –I always email the candidates from my HPS email address.
• HPS/Back Office –HPS/BO – This is our proprietary data base. a recruiter can:
1. Post ads –that are displayed on the HPS website www.HProSearch.com
The ads are also picked up by other job boards.
2. Conduct candidate searches –all candidates are in the Hospitality Industry
3. Review operating documents
4. Review client documents –Hiring information –formal agreements, etc.
5. Leave notes and comments about clients you are working with
6. In-put candidates into the database for future use (see memo)
• Google Ad Campaign – We are about to test a Google ad campaign in Houston –
Bryan will explain how the campaign will work, and how it will help drive traffic to the HPS website.
• Linked-in, Face-Book, Twitter – Social Media is a very important tool for recruiters. HPS has company sites for all three of the above – We post ads on them for recruiters –they are shorter versions than the ads you place on other databases, but they are very affective. It is wise to also use your personal SM sites – Let everyone know what you are doing –and post jobs on the sites.
• Cold Calling, Direct Recruiting, Head-Hunting – No matter what you call it –this is probably the most effective tool we have for recruiting great candidates. Compose a script. Call the restaurant, as for the position you are wanting to speak with (GM, KM, Manager on duty) and set up phone call when the candidate is not at work – We have the tools to direct recruit. There are many ways to get to the candidate you want to speak to.
• Your personal network /circle of influence – Find all your friends a job –word will get out that you are the “go-to” recruiter in your market. Obvious one way is to use your personal Social Media. Business cards are also very important -give everyone you know one. Attend social, industry, and community functions -visit all restaurants in your immediate market – Leave your card with the manager –you will be surprised how quickly your network will grow – keep your name on the internet with ad postings as much as possible –remember this is your business – HPS is here for support .
• Your own computer – This is one of the most important tools you will use. Reasonable computer skills are important –you won’t be writing code, but you need to know how to navigate through websites and use folders on your email program – For PCs –Microsoft Outlook is a must. It will help keep you organized. Your computer will be used to access all the data bases, and email candidates and clients. Being organized is of extreme importance – When a candidate calls –you need to be able to retrieve the resume immediately. Although all resumes are to be in-putted into the HPS/BO –you will also have the same resumes on your desk top or in your email folders – If your computer crashes you won’t lose your resumes they will be on the HPS BO website. Being organized on your computer will save you time, and make you money!
We will help you with all of the above. Remember, the key is to submit 8-10 qualified candidates to your clients each week – all of the above tools will make that possible – Learn, practice and perfect –each one of them.