Airport Assistant Restaurant Managers
The assistant restaurant manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining guest service. Additionally, it is responsible for the various tasks involved in the overall operation of the restaurant/store, including measuring business trends and maximizing sales/profitability by controlling expenses, shortages and all aspects of merchandising and inventory control. This position will report directly to and assist the Restaurant General Manager as directed.
- Ensures that each guest receives outstanding guest service by providing a guest-friendly environment, including greeting and acknowledging every guest and by maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of guest service at one or multiple restaurants, to include fast food and/or full service operations.
- Implements and maintains guest service standards and/or brand specifications.
- Maintains all merchandising standards, display presentations and signing standards and monitors inventory levels.
- Assists with planning of daily goals, tasks and assignments.
- Ensures proper completion through follow-up. Assists in monitoring sales performance through the analysis of sales reports and comparison shopping.
- Manage conflict and successfully resolve uncomfortable situations with clients, customers, peers, and direct reports.
- Work under pressure and deal with high stress situations while exercising sound judgment and decision making.
- Assists in adjusting business strategies.
- Maintains adherence to all company policies and procedures, as well as state health/sanitation standards.
- Assists with all office tasks, including management of funds and media, receiving, inventory, purchasing, team member scheduling and payroll.
- Performs any other duties as direct by the Restaurant General Manager, Operations Manager and/or Director of Airport Operations.
Required Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in the food & beverage industry, in a management/supervisory capacity
- Full Service and/or Quick Service restaurant experience preferred
- Associates Degree or equivalent coursework preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), and Point-of-Sale (POS) systems
- Proven track record of resolving uncomfortable situations with clients, customers, peers and direct reports.
- Proven ability to effectively manage conflict and ensure successful outcomes; work under pressure and deal with high stress situations while exercising sound judgment and decision making
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and be able to interface effectively with all levels of management in the field and at the SSP corporate offices
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including delivering presentations at public meetings.
- Effective organizational maturity to prioritize daily, weekly, monthly and yearly activities
Commercial Influence…Quality Conscious…Drive & Tenacity…Leading Change…Guest Focus…Communication & Impact…Working with Others…Analysis & Planning…
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Days and hours of work will vary, Wednesday through Tuesday with evening, overnight, weekend work required and/or as job duties demand. Work on Holidays may also be required
If you are interested and qualify – please apply to this job here – or contact Curtis Monroe at Curtis@HProSearch.com
Visit www.HProSearch.com to see all job posts by Hospitality Pro Search