Are you looking for a new experience and have what it takes? Do you like to work in a fast pace atmosphere with daily challenges? Then an exciting and always growing company is searching for a Commissary Manager!
- Bonus plan (quarterly and annual) is very generous and can be discussed at the interview.
- They have health, vision and dental insurance
- Work week is usually 5 days, 10 hrs a day. Overnights, holidays and weekends may be required
- Free parking
- Requires a minimum of 2 years of formal post-high school education; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Requires 3-5 years of increasingly responsible restaurant/food service management experience (direct P&L responsibility) and/or franchise operations management; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 3-5 years of multi-restaurant foodservice purchasing experience
- Requires a high level of computer literacy, including expertise in MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Demonstrates knowledge of product, service, quality, equipment and operations standards required
- Assumes responsibility for all branch purchasing, food production and storage; updates pricing and order guides; and establishes par inventory levels for all products or in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Controls food and labor costs to maximize profitability.
- Ensures food quality, recipe, and portion control standards meet Company, as well as Food Safety Standards and Specifications.
- Assigns requisitions and oversees daily delivery of food items and various goods/products to the units, while ensuring on-time delivery and accuracy. Assigns additional tasks to commissary team members as necessary.
- Resolves routine questions and problems and refers more complex issues to higher levels.
- Works directly with vendors to ensure purchases are in accordance with company specifications and serves as a liaison foodservice contractors.
- Communicates with airport restaurant managers and frontline team members regarding any delays or product changes that may affect requisition delivery.
- Communicates with vendors as needed to ensure timely delivery of ordered product and equipment.
- Works under pressure while exercising good judgment and handles conflict and resolves uncomfortable situations with clients, customers/vendors, peers and direct reports.
- Manage commissary team that receives, stocks, rotates and pulls product and ensures that work is completed using safe practices.
- Recruits, trains, develops, and communicates with all commissary staff as well as assesses performance on a regular basis, including annual performance reviews.
- Manages all office tasks, including management of funds and media, shipping/receiving, inventory, purchasing, team member scheduling (bid schedule creation, where applicable), and payroll.
- Maintains adherence to all company policies and procedures, as well as state health/sanitation standards and OSHA requirements and ensures team members receive training in the same.
- Follows all security guidelines for back door receiving, including checking of airport badges and all paperwork for deliveries and ensures team members are knowledgeable and trained in the same.
- Assumes the responsibility for the proper receiving of all products. This includes inspecting physical packages, product temperatures, and dates on perishable products when applicable. Also includes matching delivered product to invoice specs, pack size and number of units received.
- Ability to effectively manage conflict and ensure successful outcomes; deal with high stress situations while exercising sound judgment and decision making.
- Regular attendance required
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
If you are interested and qualify – please apply to this job here – or contact Curtis Monroe at Curtis@HProSearch.com
Visit www.HProSearch.com to see all job posts by Hospitality Pro Search