Wanna get away? Then this exciting company that operates t Midway is looking for YOU!
The Restaurant General Manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining guest service. The position is responsible for managing all areas of full service and/or quick service operations within the airport, including but not limited to, training and retaining an excellent staff, delivering outstanding hospitality, food cost, labor cost, shared P&L responsibility, running shifts, teaching and learning, sanitation, safety and cleanliness, while adhering to all company policies and procedures. This position will report directly to the Director of Airport Operations.
- Ensures that each guest receives outstanding guest service by providing a guest-friendly environment, including greeting and acknowledging every guest and by maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of guest service at one or multiple restaurants, to include fast food and/or full service operations
- Recruit, train, develop, and communicate with all team members and ensure they are knowledgeable on job expectations, as well as assess performance on a regular basis, to include annual performance reviews.
- Implements and maintains guest service standards and/or brand specifications and grows business within the airport.
- Responsible for handling guest complaints/comments, and using them for making improvements
- Maintains all merchandising standards, display presentations and signing standards and monitors inventory levels
- Plans and assigns daily goals, tasks and assignments and/or instructs direct reports (i.e. supervisors, assistant managers) on the same
- Drive management team/direct reports and hourly team members in the areas of new product introductions and promotional programs; help to guide implementation of these items and provide training to management team/direct reports and hourly team members accordingly
- Utilize experience to effectively control financials, personnel management, facilities, marketing, food preparation and quality, and general business operations
- Communicates company policies with management team/direct reports and hourly team members through written and oral communication in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensures proper completion through follow-up.
- Assists in monitoring sales performance through the analysis of sales reports and comparison shopping.
- Manage conflict and successfully resolve uncomfortable situations with clients, customers, peers, and direct reports.
- Work under pressure and deal with high stress situations while exercising sound judgment and decision making.
- Ability to learn, transfer learning, train and hold management team/direct reports/shift supervisors accountable for knowing, demonstrating and effectively utilizing systems, tools, processes, and equipment which enable guest loyalty and increased profitability.
- Uses experience to identify potential or existing operational problems and initiates, develops, and implements appropriate solutions and measure results.
- Maintains adherence to all company policies and procedures, as well as state health/sanitation standards.
- Performs general clerical functions within the business/restaurant(s), which include payroll, accounts receivable and accounts payable, scheduling, and operating statements.
- Computes and records charges, refunds, cost of lost or damaged goods, and similar items.
- Verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and totals accounts, using calculator or computer.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by supervisor
Required Education & Experience:
- Minimum of three (3) years of increased restaurant/food service management and/or franchise operations experience with direct P&L responsibilities, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as Point-of-Sale (POS) systems.
- BS or AS degree strongly preferred, or equivalent coursework
- Full Service and/or Quick Service restaurant experience preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and be able to interface effectively with all levels of management in the field and at the SSP corporate offices
- Proven track record of resolving uncomfortable situations with clients, customers, peers and direct reports.
- Proven ability to effectively manage conflict and ensure successful outcomes; work under pressure and deal with high stress situations while exercising sound judgment and decision making.
- Ability to effectively influence through knowledge, relationship management, and trust.
- Ability to conduct gap analysis between desired and current state of expressed goals, based on business planning, knowledge of basic business operations, employee satisfaction, consumer satisfaction, and marketing effectiveness.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including delivering presentations at public meetings.
- Effective organizational maturity to prioritize daily, weekly, monthly and yearly activities
If you are interested and qualify – please apply to this job here – or contact Curtis Monroe at Curtis@HProSearch.com
Visit www.HProSearch.com to see all job posts by Hospitality Pro Search